Over $3000 in prizes are available-- will you provide a jolt to industry?
Jolt is defined as "To Push or Shake something abruptly and roughly". This captures the essence of entrepreneurship. Jolt was created with the idea of spurring business growth in the Metro Detroit area. The event helps ideas move from concept to reality and provides winners with funding and professional services.
- $1000 scholarship
- $500 in business startup funds
- Basic business setup and professional consulting from an accountant
- Enrollment in the Entrepreneurship Series at Schoolcraft College
- Business Advising
- Lawyer Consultation
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must be a resident of Michigan with documentation to prove your residency (ex. Driver's License) NOTE: Teams can have out of state residents if at least one presenter meets the main qualifications.
- Your idea must be just that-- an idea (it cannot be a part of any existing corporation, LLC, etc)
- You must be legally able to reside and work in the United States
- You get 5 minutes and 30 seconds to present-- no additional time will be allowed
- Brevity is the soul of wit-- if you can say it in less time effectively, do so, but the time is there if you need it
- One post per person/group per month
- You cannot submit your idea again for any reason
- Jolt does not have any claim on any of the material in your presentation
- The use of audio, video, and internet is prohibited in your presentation
- You can win a prize package valued at over $3000